Micromax Canvas A74 is a budget phone priced Rs.7200 sports 4.5 inch display 480 x 854 pixels resolution which gives you pixel density around 218ppi.
Whats goes in favour of A74
* Good look , if you install windows 8 launcher then its look like Nokia Lumia.
* 4.5 inch display 480 x 854 pixels
* 1.3Ghz Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
* GPU Mali 400
* AGPS , 3G- HSDPA 21mbps, 4GB ROM
What goes against Micromax Canvas A74
* 512MB RAM
* 5MP worst camera, picture taken in day or light quality is worst set iso to 200 to do something good.
* Can't play 1080i FHD Movies, use MX Player
* touch is average
* Battery backup is worst only 1500maH
* Not supported Tata Docomo APN automatically , you have to configure it manually.
* Video Recording 720p resolution @ 15fps
* Bluethood Version 2.1
* No light Sensor
Micromax Canvas A74 Benchmark scores
* Quadrant Benchmark : 3445 (Gionee P3 6100+)
* Antutu Benchmark : 10772 (Gionee P3 17200+)
* Vellamo Benchmark : HTML5 1665 (Gionee P3 1986)
* Nenamark2 : 42fps.
How to Root Micromax Canvas A74
Use Windows based software VROOT.
Remember rooting can void you you warrenty and can brick (unresponsive/dead) your phone.
Better buy Gionee P3 which is a much better phone can record 1080i FHD video @30fps at Rs.7300.